“Joe Ehrmann, former All Pro defensive tackle of the Baltimore Colts and author of the book Inside Out Coaching, spoke recently in Irvine, CA. Several coaches and I from our Mission Viejo Coaches' Fellowship attended and were blessed and challenged.
He's passionate about building the kids he coaches at Gilman High School to be young men who are serving others. He asked us some questions that we as coaches should answer.
1. Why do you coach?
2. Why do you coach the way you do?
3. What is it like to be coached by you?
4. What do I want to accomplish by what and the way I'm coaching?
Answers may come from whatever personal purpose statement we have established.
1. Do we KNOW ... WHO we are and WHY we're here?
2. How do we challenge our athletes to be a man or be a woman?
3. Are we sending these kids the RIGHT message?
COACH - EVERY DAY, EVERY PRACTICE and EVERY GAME WE GET TO IMPRINT KIDS!
Let's make sure that when we stand before our GREAT HEAD COACH and give HIM an account, we'll hear, "Great job, coach. You did ME proud."
There it is - it is very helpful to listen to those with vast experience in Christian sports ministry.