World renowned worship leader Darlene Zschech has announced her move with husband Mark Zschech to take up position of Senior Pastors at Church Unlimited, Central Coast NSW, officially starting in late January 2011.
From Calcutta, India, where Zschech is currently leading worship at a Festival of Life crusade, she wrote, “we are fully persuaded that this is the will of God for us and our family.”
The move for Zschech comes after serving at Hillsong Church for 25 years alongside Pastors Brian and Bobbie Houston as worship pastor of the Hillsong team, leading praise and worship worldwide.
On the Hillsong Church website, Senior Pastor Brian wrote, “Mark and Darlene have been an enormous blessing to Hillsong Church and they will move into this new role with the complete support of both the Hillsong Church eldership and Bobbie and I personally. For 25 years the Zschech family have been an integral part of our church family and whilst they will be greatly missed, we feel as though this is a good and a timely step for them.
“We have welcomed Darlene to continue to be part of the team in key Hillsong praise & worship projects and, with Mark, in Hillsong Conference's and we pray great things for their future.”
Darlene Zschech leaves Hillsong after 25 years to pastor Church Unlimited with husband
By: Rachel Ford
Tuesday, 26 October 2010, 15:26 (EST)
- Hungary violated rights of churches with new law, court rules
- Mother’s Day and the Christian connection
- $20 million for Syrian children a step in the right direction but more needs to be done
- Heaven is for Real movie a debut success at $21.5 million; beating Johnny Depp's Transcendence
- Malatya massacre: Seven years later justice is still waiting