This morning we were discussing 'the call', as in 'the call to mission', an issue that has been troubling God's people for years.
Today it struck me how there often is an underlying assumption that the call is for a lifetime, or at least a VERY long time. I mean, as Christians we are all called to share Jesus I believe, until people from every tribe and tongue know and worship Him, so that part IS for a lifetime, but I don't think the specific details of where or how are for a lifetime.
For example God clearly called me to teach MK's and that happened to be in Asia; then while I was there a heart for the lost gripped me so that some people felt I had maybe abandoned my original calling. I don't think so, God just took me on to different things. And now there is yet another turn for me on the journey of following God's call.
So don't be apprehensive as you think about what you feel God might be asking you to do, fearing it will lock you into doing the same ministry in the same country for the rest of your life. There are going to be many twists, turns and redirections on the journey of responding to God's direction and call.
What do you think - is a call for life? Have you had experiences that others could learn from? Then 'like' us on facebook and add your comments.
Read more: http://wec.com.au/blog/ruth/call-lifetime?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WecAustralia+%28WEC+Australia%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
Is 'the call' for a lifetime?
Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 13:54 (EST)
- London's Christian community ready for the Olympics – London Calling No 25
- LWFCI call for a Day of Prayer on 20 July for the Olympic ministry 'Bridging the Gap 2012 UK Outreach - London Calling No 24
- LA Olympian Angela Harris heads to London – 12 years with LWFCI - London Calling No 23 – two weeks to the Olympics
- Oklahoma: Christians respond after deadly tornado
- Bible found among Oklahoma tornado debris, opened to Isaiah 32
- Iranian Pastor arrested, church forced to close
- Iranian Christians face 'systematic persecution and prosecution'
- Global Day of Prayer: Christians unite to pray for healing and restoration