Last night I dreamed I took a walk up Calvary's lonely hill,
The things I saw with my own eyes could not have been more real.
I saw upon three crosses three men in agony;
Two cried out for mercy...but the third man just looked at me.
Oh, the pain in this man's eyes broke my heart in two!
It seemed I could hear the third man say: "I'm doing this for you."
I knelt beneath the third mean's cross, and slowly bowed my head,
I reached out to touch his feet, and it stained my hand's with red.
And when I heard him cry in pain, I raised my eyes to see;
Blood spilled from the third man's side... and some of it spilled on me.
The third man wore a crown of thorns, spikes held him to the tree,
I heard him cry, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
And those who mocked him cried, "King...save Thyself if thou art King!"
And then the third man died.
I heard the thunder roll, and saw the lightening pierce the sky.
Then third man was still hanging there, and I began to cry.
I heard the boulder fall, and saw the breaking of the ground. And then I awoke, and though I dreamed;
I touched my cheek and found my eyes were wet where I had cried.
A DREAM? I wished I knew --
I can still hear the third man say, "I'm doing this for you."
- Iranian Christians face 'systematic persecution and prosecution'
- Global Day of Prayer: Christians unite to pray for healing and restoration
- Church of Scotland allows congregations to choose gay ministers
- Christians in North Africa and Middle East 'under substantial threat'
- Church grand opening in Tanzania ends in tragedy